Working with families in partnership
We aim to support families through enabling parent participation in school life, the more parents know and understand about the work of the school, the greater their influence on the education of their child.
We aim to work with parents in 6 key areas:
- Supporting parents with parenting through resources, workshops and ELSA.
- Communicating with parents clearly about the work of the school through our newsletters, website, Learning Labs and at the Parent Teacher Meetings.
- Enabling volunteering at school events
- Providing valuable experiences for learning at home through special programmes, home learning activities on Dojo and Google Workspace and Classroom and suggestions through our Learning Labs.
- In decision making about the life of the school through the PTA and surveys
- Working together for the benefit of the local community through charitable works and local action projects.
Through this approach, parents will have:
- a stronger sense of support from the school and other parents
- more awareness of their child's progress and effective responses to problems
- increased self-confidence about guiding their child through school
- an appreciation of teachers’ work and skills
- an increased feeling of ownership of the school.
Through this approach, the school will have:
- increased respect for families’ strengths and efforts
- increased understanding of families goals for their children
- greater readiness to involve all families in new ways
We encourage all parents to be active members of the PTA. Meetings are attended by school leaders and we often seek comments and opinions on new schemes and policies at these meetings.
Booking an appointment at a Parent Teacher Meeting (only when booking window open)