Admissions - Information for Prospective Parents
Enquiries to the school with regard to Admissions are always welcome. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursery applications are made directly to the school.
- Reception Year applications MUST be made through your local authority as well as sending a supplementary application form direct to the school.
- Nursery places tend to be part-time with morning or afternoon sessions available, children attend 5 mornings or 5 afternoons per school week.
- Nursery places are mostly part-time, some full-time places can be available, although not every year.
- Reception places are full-time once the initial induction has taken place.
National Admissions Dates for Reception in September 2021
School Admission Dates for Nursery Class in September 2021
- Applications open September 2020
- Applications close on 15th January 2021.
- Reception Allocations are announced on National Primary Offer day on 16th April 2021. Nursery applications are announced in April 2021.
Supplementary Form Information
Parents and carers applying for places in the academic year 2021-2022 are asked to note the following statement in relation to the Mass Attendance oversubscription criterion set out in our admission arrangements:
It is the intention of the governing body/trustees to seek a variation from the Office of the Schools’ Adjudicator, in relation to Catholic practice. Granting of this variation is, at this time, pending:
"On the advice of the Education Commission of the Archdiocese of Southwark, the Governing Body of St Cecilia's Primary School has agreed the following statement in order to clarify how its faith-based oversubscription criteria will be interpreted while churches are closed or attendance at church is not possible due to COVID-19. This statement has been shared widely with parishes by the Education Commission in order to ensure that determinations made by parish priests concerning regular practice of the faith are being made on a consistent basis.
The suspension of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass was announced on 18th March 2020 by Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. If a parent/carer attended Mass at a certain frequency at a particular parish (or parishes) prior to 18th March 2020 then they will be considered to have attended Mass in that parish (or parishes) at the same frequency since that time. This will remain the case until the Sunday obligation is reintroduced by the Bishops"
Parents with unsuccessful applications for Reception in September 2021 may:
- apply to go on our waiting list (please contact your local authority)
- appeal against our decision, notifying us within 20 days of receiving the notification (please contact email@example.com)
- we will then send you an appeals form and details of the appeal process and how you can submit additional evidence.
- the closing date for appeals is the 14 May 2021.
- we will provide at least 10 school days notice of your appeal hearing.
- those making an appeal can submit additional evidence before their appeal hearing. We will notify you of the closing date for additional paperwork when we send the appeals form.
- additional paperwork must be received by this date so that it is received by the independent appeals committee in time for the appeal hearing.
Admission for Nursery and Reception 2021
For Nursery and Reception 2021, we will start to have guided tours from November 2020, subject to any limitations placed on us during the pandemic. Tours are delayed this year, we have cancelled all tours in the first half of the Autumn term.
Please contact the school office regarding in-year admissions for children in Reception to Year 6, where parents require an immediate start. We can advise you of any current vacancies. Please complete our supplementary application form, which you can find below. Waiting list places are prioritised according to our admissions criteria.
For prospective applicants, we usually have monthly guided tours where parents can meet with a member of the leadership team and see the school during the working day.
All tours are currently cancelled due to the pandemic.
After St Cecilia's
At St Cecilia's, children are prepared for secondary school transfer and below are the Catholic High Schools our Year 6 children transfer to.
Most of our pupils transfer to:
Children also transfer to these schools, but in much smaller numbers:
Applications for places in Reception are made online to your Local Authority.
Our admissions policy and supplementary form are available for download below.
Due to the closure of churches during the pandemic, the supplementary form will contain additional guidance around Mass attendance. We are currently awaiting advice from the Diocese, please do not submit the form to your priest just yet, it is included below for information only.