Admissions - Information for Prospective Parents
Enquiries to the school with regard to Admissions are always welcome.
- Nursery applications are made directly to the school.
- Reception Year applications MUST be made through your local authority as well as sending a supplementary application form direct to the school.
- Nursery places tend to be part-time with morning or afternoon sessions available, children attend 5 mornings or 5 afternoons per school week.
- Nursery places are mostly part-time, some full-time places can be available, although not every year.
- Reception places are full time once the initial induction has taken place.
National Admissions Dates for Nursery and Reception in September 2021
- Applications open September 2020
- Applications close on 15th January 2021.
- Allocations announced on National Primary Offer day on 16th April 2021.
Parents with unsuccessful applications for September 2021 may:
- apply to go on our waiting list (please contact your local authority)
- appeal against our decision, notifying us within 20 days of receiving the notification (please contact email@example.com) We will then send you an appeals form and details of the appeal process.
Appeals, which must be submitted in writing, will be held in the Summer term 2022.
Admission for Nursery and Reception 2021
For Nursery and Reception 2021, we will start to have guided tours from November 2020, subject to any limitations placed on us during the pandemic. Tours are delayed this year, we have cancelled all tours in the first half of the Autumn term.
Please contact the school office regarding in-year admissions for children in Reception to Year 6, where parents require an immediate start. We can advise you of any current vacancies. Please complete our supplementary application form, which you can find below. Waiting list places are prioritised according to our admissions criteria.
For prospective applicants, we have monthly guided tours where parents can meet with a member of the leadership team and see the school during the working day.
All tours are currently suspended due to the pandemic with provisional bookings possible from November 2020.
To book on to a guided tour please visit our online tour booking system, there is no need to telephone the school, just click on "book now" on the left. More tours can be added as we progress through the term according to demand, we offer places for ten families to attend each tour.
Please book on a tour for November if you are interested in viewing the school, should tours commence earlier or should we change to a different form of event, we will then contact you.
Parents can also register their interest with us our Admission Interest Form during the pandemic. Click on the Google Form logo on the left. We will then get back in touch with you should tours recommence.
After St Cecilia's
At St Cecilia's, children are prepared for secondary school transfer and below are the Catholic High Schools our Year 6 children transfer to.
Most of our pupils transfer to:
Children also transfer to these schools, but in much smaller numbers:
Applications for places in Reception are made online to your Local Authority.
Our admissions policy and supplementary form are available for download below.