Working with families in partnership
We aim to support families through enabling parent participation in school life, the more parents know and understand about the work of the school, the greater their influence on the education of their child.
We aim to work with parents in 6 key areas:
- Supporting parents with parenting
- Communicating with parents clearly about the work of the school
- Enabling volunteering at school events
- Providing valuable experiences for learning at home
- In decision making about the life of the school
- Working together for the benefit of the local community
Through this approach, parents will have:
- a stronger sense of support from school and other parents
- more awareness of their child's progress and effective responses to problems
- increased self confidence about guiding student through school
- an appreciation of teachers’ work and skills
- an increased feeling of ownership of school.
Through this approach, the school will have:
- increased respect for families’ strengths and efforts
- increased understanding of families goals for their children
- greater readiness to involve all families in new ways
We encourage all parents to be active members of the PTA. Meetings are attended by school leaders and we often seek comment and opinion on new schemes and policy at these meetings.